The following events provide ESS/OSS family physicians with the opportunity to engage in accredited learning, as well as networking with other ESS/OSS physicians.
There has always been the intent that ESS/OSS physicians would draw on their specialist colleagues to whom they refer for CPD. With many of these “networks” still in their infancy, there is a need to be somewhat proactive about CPD for ESS/OSS. A committee was struck including Fred Janke, Tom Windsor Smith, Randy Friesen, Jarred Van Bussell, Ryan Falk, Stu Iglesias, and a representative from midwifery.
Society of Rural Physicians (SRPC) launches ESS/OSS CPD Committee
The SRPC has convened a Standing Committee on CPD for ESS/OSS with its first chairperson, Dr. Ryan Falk (firstname.lastname@example.org) from Inuvik, NWT.
- Stu Iglesias, Bella Bella, BC | email@example.com
- Alison Fine, Vanderhoof, BC | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erica Button, Hinton, AB | email@example.com
- Aimee Seguin, Meadow Lake SK | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jared vanBussel, Pincher Creek, AB | email@example.com
- Nichelle Desilets, Neepawan, MB | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wade Mitchell, London, ON | email@example.com
- John Guilfoyle, Sioux Lookout, ON | firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch for links to this Committee’s website at the SRPC web site
June 26-19 Victoria
Courses on Cystoscopy, Forceps and Fetal Health Surveillance
Sept 13-15 St John’s, agenda pending
The Canadian Association of General Surgeons (CAGS) convened a Rural Surgery Summit as part of the national Canadian Surgery Forum (CSF) in Victoria on September 14, 2017.
The Canadian Association of Gastroenterology
SEE Courses (Colonoscopy Skills Improvement) Various locations and times